Great golf in the heart of the city since 1906
The club's heritage dates back over 100 years to 1906. The course was originally 18 holes, although short by modern standards, only measuring 4,182 yards and 3 of the holes had artificial greens.
Almost 50 years later, in 1954, the course was reduced to 9 holes as Bradford City Council took part of the land for educational purposes.
The club's most famous member was Joe Gent, an English international in the 1930's who won the Yorkshire County Amateur Championship on 4 occasions and in partnership with Fred Slade won the Yorkshire Inter-Club Foursomes 3 times.
In 1927 the club contributed towards the cost of sending the first British team to Massachusetts, USA to compete for the Ryder Cup.
In 1928 the club hosted an exhibition match between George Duncan who had won the British Open in 1920 and Henry Cotton who went on to win the British Open in 1934, 1937 and 1948.
The amateur course record is 65 - set by Neil Harker Bell in 1997.
The professional course record is 68 - set by Michael Hillas in 1999.